Gotu Kola Information
Gotu Kola improves memory and brain function and reduces cellulite, varicose veins, hemorrhoids.
Ayurveda is traditional herbal medicine practiced in India with at least a 2000 year history of use. Femhealth offers two products in this Ayurvedic category: Gotu Kola (Centella asiatica) and Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera).
Benefits of Gotu Kola - a rich source of vitamin K
- Wound Healing - Gotu kola strengthens the skin, increases the concentration of antioxidants in wounds, and restores inflamed tissues by increasing blood supply. Gotu kola is used externally for burns, psoriasis and prevention of scar tissue.
- Venous Insufficiency and Varicose Veins
- High Blood Pressure - In a study of people with heart disease and high blood pressure experienced a significant reduction in diastolic blood pressure compared to those who took placebo.
- Anxiety - Triterpenoids have been shown to soothe anxiety and boost mental function in mice.
- Scleroderma - One study with scleroderma found that gotu kola decreased joint pain, skin hardening, and improved finger movement.
- Insomnia - Gotu kola has been used to help people with insomnia because of its sedative effects.
- Improves Mental Clarity - revitalizes the nerves and brain cells
Gotu Kola is best known as a brain herb, or an herb associated with improving memory and/or enhancing brain function. Studies in the U.S. and India reveal that Gotu Kola has the effect of stimulating the brain and improving intelligence capability. Also, Gotu Kola is recommended for treatment of premature aging and dementia.
Another Indian study showed that gotu kola extracts administered over a period of 42 months to normal healthy adults in the 45-50 age group had several benefits: haemoglobin increased by a significant percent, and the mean levels of blood urea and serum acid phosphatase were decreased. Subsequent examinations have revealed that this herb has brought about a steady increase in blood sugar level (statistically significant). A relationship between hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar levels, and mood swings, mental illness, fatigue, depression, confusion and schizophrenic tendencies is well documented. It is believed that the 'memory enhancing' attributes of gotu kola may be attributed to the herb's ability to elevate blood sugar levels markedly.
Gotu Kola promotes healthy connective tissue and is beneficial in the treatment of cellulite which affect women - especially the thighs. Gotu Kola improves our veins, including varicose veins - those bluish blood vessels that pop up on our legs - and hemorrhoids. Vein problems like varicose veins and hemorrhoids can be a symptom of CVI -Chronic Venous Insufficiency. Gotu Kola is effective not only at rebuilding weakened connective tissue in the veins, but also at inhibiting edema - swollen ankles.
Gotu Kola has impressive wound-healing properties and is very helpful for periodontal disease, cellulite, varicose veins and bladder infections. Wow! A smart pill that helps get rid of cellulite and varicose veins. Buy some today!
83-3 Gotu Kola 490mg 100 Capsules $12.95
877-493-5987 U.S. Toll Free Order Line 9-6 Eastern
Buy this product wholesale
We have organized Femhealth products into the following categories: Adaptogens, Anti-Aging, Aromatherapy Blends, Brain Boosters, Chinese Formulas, Cleansing, Eucalyptus Oil, For Women, Green Food, Herbal Formulas, Natural Medicine, Liquid Extracts, Magnetic Jewelry, Minerals, Pain Relief, Sexual Health, Single Herbs, Skin Care, Sports Nutrition, Vitamins, and Weight Loss.